Monday, November 19, 2018

LEARNED HELPLESSNESS I



A baby elephant was tied to a pole while growing up, it tried many times to free itself from the entanglement of that pole all to no avail. After many years, it grew to become a giant elephant and this time could break free from the rope and pole but pitifully, never tried. In fact, at a point the rope was removed from its legs but it has been unfortunately conditioned not to try because of the repeated failures of the past. The giant elephant was deprived of freedom because of learned helplessness.

Learned helpless can be defined as when people experience enough failure at something to a point where they feel they can no longer succeed in that area.

Learned helplessness is behavior typical of a human or an animal and occurs where the subject endures repeatedly painful or otherwise aversive stimuli which it is unable to escape or avoid. ... Such an organism is said to have acquired learned helplessness.

I find a lot of people on a daily basis who have learnt to be helpless in different areas of their lives...I've been there myself too. And that is why I'm writing this; because no one can truly change if they don't believe that they can change. I feel you especially if you have tried to change or stop a particular habit, all to no avail.

I want you to know that you can and will break that habit only if you accept that this is not the finality. Everything in life is learned and everything can be unlearnt. Whatever habit or addiction you seem to be struggling with right now didn't fall on you from birth; it was learnt and by following a particular process, it can be unlearnt.

I'm sure you've heard stories of people who were addicted to one thing or the other but then broke free after many years. That could be you too, yes! It can. I personally struggled with a habit for up to 7 years of my life but today I'm free because I chose to embrace change, I chose to believe in myself to make the right choice, no matter how long I had been making the wrong one.

Please don't give up on yourself!

Just like the 44th president of America said "Yes, you can!"

I believe you can become a better person. I believe you can break free from that addiction or habit!

The question is if I can believe that you can change, why can't you believe that you can?

If I can believe you will become a better person, why shouldn't you do the same?

And you know what?

The most important and empowering belief in this process is yours!

I sincerely want to help you through this process, do not hesitate to hit me up and let's begin!

I value you

LEARNED HELPLESSNESS I

Share:

Post a Comment

Facebook
Blogger

No comments:

Keep In Touch And Get Our Updates

About Us

Advertisment

Like Us

© miracle o. ihuoma All rights reserved | Theme Designed by Seo Blogger Templates Published.. Blogger Templates