Monday, April 15, 2013

DATE TO MARRY

Why do you want to date? If you are dating already, why are you dating? Are you stunned by that question? Does it seem like I am being confrontational? Please I apologize if I am. But do you know that more than 70% of people will have to think for some time before answering that question? And a good chunk of the remaining percentage will become defensive or just ignore the question. But if you don’t ‘why’ you are doing something, I don’t think you should be doing it. Hmmm…how true is that? Considering the fact that a lot of young people are dating now not because of any logical reason but rather how they feel. Have you realized that one of the prevalent characteristics of a mad person or lightly put ‘mentally challenged’ person is that (s)he does things without reasons (knowing why)? Please don’t get me wrong, I have not said you are in sane if you are dating and don’t know why and I don’t intend saying it but I’m just trying to broaden your horizon and expand your awareness on this pertinent issue. I remember how this question asked above caused an uproar in my room in the university. The three persons I asked were perplexed and dumbfounded and two could not give me any logical reason at the end of the day, while one said he was dating because he needed to be satisfying his sexual desire. Obviously, non of them wanted to marry the ladies they were going out with. It got me thinking, of course if you know me you will know that I think a lot. But the truth is that if you are dating a person because of sex, I don’t think you are suppose to be dating, what you actually need a prostitute or better put a sex partner. If you are dating because you are lonely, what you need is a company not a date. Dating should be a time for preparation before marriage. Dating should be a time for interview (not intercourse)- getting to know the person you have intention to get married to, all things remaining equal. Dating is suppose to lead to marriage. Date to marry! A lot of people have reduced dating to having fun and whiling away time but I don’t think that was and is the idea behind dating. Every journey you embark on should have a destination. You can’t embark on a journey without knowing where you are going. In the same vein you shouldn't embark into the journey of a love relationship without the end in mind (marriage). Have a big picture (marriage), then start from now (dating). Date to marry.

DATE TO MARRY

Share:

Post a Comment

Facebook
Blogger

Keep In Touch And Get Our Updates

About Us

Advertisment

Like Us

© miracle o. ihuoma All rights reserved | Theme Designed by Seo Blogger Templates Published.. Blogger Templates