Saturday, August 24, 2013

EASY OR POSSIBLE?

Sometime back I used to agitate when I heard things like “e no easy o” “Life no easy” and the rest. I thought that to say that life or some things are not easy is anti-covenant and negative confession. But after series of thoughts and researches, I got a different perspective. For instance, I came to realize that there is nowhere in the Holy Scriptures where it is written that life or certain things are going to be easy. In fact we are told the exact opposite in scriptures- we are told things like, “In this world you will have tribulations…”, “Call upon me in the days of trouble (because he knew that there will be one)”, “Fear not (because he knew that there will be reasons to fear)” and many others. I now totally have a different view about the word easy. I wish two things were not in the dictionary- Easy and impossible. But we have a consolation. For the fact that it is not easy does not mean it is not possible. It means that more doggedness and sophistication is needed in whatever you are doing and want accomplished. Despite the fact that the scriptures did not tell us that it is going to be easy, it did tell us that it is possible. Here is the complete version of our above examples- “In this world you will have tribulations but be of good cheer I have overcome the world”, “Call upon me in the day of trouble and I will deliver you”, “Fear not for I am with, be not dismayed for I am your God, I will help you, ye I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness” So my major concern is not whether it is easy or not but whether it is possible. And if it is possible, I want to go for it. And the good news is…It is possible! The idea about telling us that things may not be easy is because people can be complacent to life. They expect everything they want to fall on their laps without personal effort (and please when I say personal effort I’m not trying to circumvent the grace of God or faith, I’m just complementing it). Show me your faith without your works and I will show you my faith by my works. For instance, resisting sexual pressures before and outside marriage is not easy or is it? But it is possible! The discipline involved is not cheap talk but hard work. It may pain but it will pay at the long run. So does the principle apply in every other facet of life. Making first class is not easy…but it is possible. Maintaining career success is not easy…but it is possible. Cultivating a healthy marriage and family is not easy…but it is possible. To have good health is not easy…but it is possible. To marry as a virgin is not easy…but it is possible. To marry without heart break is not easy…but it is possible. Note: For the fact that you are not experiencing it does not make it impossible. Impossibility is only in the realm of the mind. With God all things are possible. All things are possible to him that believes. There is a big disparity between easy and possible. It may not be easy but it is possible (and that’s what matters).

EASY OR POSSIBLE?

Share:

Post a Comment

Facebook
Blogger

No comments:

Keep In Touch And Get Our Updates

About Us

Advertisment

Like Us

© miracle o. ihuoma All rights reserved | Theme Designed by Seo Blogger Templates Published.. Blogger Templates