Monday, August 5, 2013

ARE YOU A LEARNER?

As I sit at the balcony of my house with my pen and book thinking on how to start writing this article, I just had a flashback to about six, seven years ago when I used to go and buy books from a particular Christian/motivational book shop. The bookshop is not the issue here but the salesgirl in the book shop. After about one or two years of patronage, as my custom was I went to buy myself a book one of those days when I discovered that she was pregnant. Note that she wasn’t married; she became pregnant out of wedlock. I couldn’t believe my eyes. I wondered why she could become pregnant out of wedlock when she works in a bookshop that contains books that could teach her how to combat her habit. I pondered how she could be in the river and wash her eyes with spittle. I asked, is it that she didn’t read the books or she refused paying attention to the wisdom in the books? She became an epitome of the person Solomon Jesse talked about in proverbs chapter one- “How long, you simple ones, will you love simplicity? And the scorners delight in their scorning and fools hate knowledge…? But you have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof: I also laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear comes. Wisdom cries without, she utters her voice in the streets: She cries in the chief places of concourse, in the goings of the gates: in the city she utters her words….” Apparently, she wasn’t a learner. It’s so disheartening that when people say you are a learner today, they mean that you are a novice. Well…I would rather be a novice learning than not learn at all and be considered wise. Wisdom is in learning. Foolishness is in pride. Boundary Ajegunle is a place where the cheapest books are being sold yet Ajegunle which is ironically the base of wealth remains poor and its people keep wallowing in servitude and mediocrity. Young people, learn! Learn! Unlearn! And relearn! Keep learning! Learn from books, learn from tapes, learn from seminars and conferences, learn from the bible, learn from people, learn from your pastor, and learn from your experiences but most importantly from other people’s experience. Never let a day pass without learning something new, because every day gone can never be regained. Keep abreast of facts, be current, and be versed. Have the breadth and depth of knowledge. The breadth of knowledge is to know something on everything while the depth of knowledge is to know everything on something. Knowledge is a liberating force. My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. If you are not a learner, destruction awaits you ahead. Are you a learner? If I’m asked that question my answer will be “Yes I am, for life!” So are you?

ARE YOU A LEARNER?

Share:

Post a Comment

Facebook
Blogger

No comments:

Keep In Touch And Get Our Updates

About Us

Advertisment

Like Us

© miracle o. ihuoma All rights reserved | Theme Designed by Seo Blogger Templates Published.. Blogger Templates